Sunday, February 17, 2013

It Finally Happened

Thing Two has a friend.  A real friend, a quiet boy from his class and his soccer team who can apparently overlook his social idiosyncrasies.  I watched the two of them interacting at a birthday party today: navigating the crowd together at the arcade where the party was held, taking turns with the games and gleefully collecting and comparing numbers of those tickets that can be exchanged later for small trinkets.  I just about cried.  It wasn't my birthday, but I got the best present of all...the opportunity to see my son playing with his friend.

1 comment:

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...