Sunday, February 3, 2013

Sunday Soundbites

Introduced my children to Nutella today.  There was much bitterness that I have been holding out on them: I anticipate that they will be eating it with spoons straight from the jar as soon as I turn my back.

Is there anything better than watching a child blossom?  A very shy little boy on The Girl's basketball team (there is a wide age range) has needed to have one of his parents standing by him at practice all season.  Yesterday, he got through a whole practice all by himself--his dad was sitting on the bleachers--and did a fantastic job.  I'm in no way taking all the credit for it, believe me, but this kind of thing is what really makes coaching worthwhile.  He rocked that practice and I could not have been prouder of him if he was my own kid.

Chilly, miserable day here and I have had it up to my eyebrows with this cold!  Virus, virus, go away.  Made both split pea soup and goulash and loaded up the latter with hot paprika to firebomb my sinuses.  If that doesn't work, it will be back to the Thai place for some serious chiles.  Or I'll just drown the little buggers in wine if all else fails!


        

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...