Wednesday, July 3, 2013

An Unexpected Kindness From The World Of Words

Some time ago, I sent a small token to a blog friend from France, a woman I know only from her insightful posts here and elsewhere.  It was absolutely my pleasure to do so (such a small thing that I sent!) and I expected nothing whatsoever in return.

Today, I received a surprise in the mail:


Although it was intended for a more utilitarian purpose, I am very tempted to frame it!  It matches my kitchen perfectly, but much more than that, it is a reminder to me that the words that I throw out willy-nilly into the universe from this computer link me to a community of like-minded souls, friends that I haven't physically met but friends nonetheless.   My life is so much the richer for all of you.

Merci beaucoup, J...

      

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...