1) Successfully performed a skyfall for the first time. (Essentially a midair flip from a standing position, landing on your back in a breakfall position on the floor. Not a technique for the timid or unskilled...I'd never mustered the courage to try it before.)
2) Learned the last of my self-defenses for this belt level. All of them are defenses against knife attacks, which is enough to get your blood going even knowing that the practice knives are plastic!
3) Learned half a dozen more moves of my form--the end is finally in sight.
4) Found six geocaches. (I think I have a new hobby/obsession...)
5) Spent a solid week with three small children who neither nap nor have 'quiet time' anymore without completely losing my gourd at any of them.
1) Aggravated my 'good' knee practicing &%$& tornado kicks on Tuesday, causing me to skip class today out of a sense of self-preservation. I need at least one functional knee.
2) Had something of a tiff with my primary TKD instructor. It happens every so often: not sure if the issue is cultural or if it's because we're both female (maybe some of both.) I can say without hesitation that one of the best decisions I've ever made in my life was to choose a male PI for my graduate mentor--and NO, there was nothing inappropriate going on!!
3) Currently desperate for peace and quiet: two of my three kids never stop talking and all three never stop bickering. Would rather weed my entire garden in 100 degree heat than referee for one more second!
On balance, I'd say the Pros have it. But tomorrow morning, after Himself gets back from his long run, I am leaving all three kids and the dog with him for several hours and going out BY MYSELF!!