Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Kid, I Feel Your Pain

Thing One is my oldest child.  I am an older child as well--I have one younger brother--so I really do understand that his two younger siblings make him nuts, and I sympathize.  (I would also lump my one brother in his heyday against my two younger children put together any day of the week and twice on Sundays, but that's neither here nor there.)

Thing One's patience is beginning to run low, and on several recent occasions he's commented about how much he wants to go back to school--he's tired of being annoyed by his siblings and never having any peace and quiet.

Believe me, I'm relating to that too!!  Except that I have THREE small people requiring my time, attention, cleaning, cooking, refereeing, chauffeuring etc every two freaking seconds all day long, every day.  I'm about ready to disown the name "Mom."

But if the kid tells me that he's bored just one more time, I'm going to personally see to it that he's not bored for the rest of the summer, and he's not going to like it!!  I'm thinking lots and lots of math workbooks and book reports.  :)

          


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...