Thursday, December 19, 2013

A Mother's Question For The Universe

Why, oh WHY, must a child who is going to throw up do it in the middle of the night nine times out of ten?  And, more often than not, after having eaten something that is very difficult to clean out of carpets and bedding??

The stroke of midnight two nights ago brought with it a few hacking coughs from Petunia, a quick thundering of feet, and then sobs of distress, all of which were clearly audible from our room next door.  The poor little thing valiantly tried to reach the trash can in time but failed: bed, wall, and carpet were all liberally covered with the foul remnants of her dinnertime mac and cheese.  I've done eight loads of laundry since then (three of which were from her room alone), scrubbed her carpet four times, and thrown out her pillow!  The good news is that she is already feeling better...much like Thing One's experience earlier in the week, this appears to be a one-and-done sort of bug with no fever involved, at least.

On the plus side, I had a whole day at home with just my girl.  And bless her heart, she insisted on helping me with the general housecleaning that I decided to do while I was home and cleaning anyway.  All the sink faucets and handles are gleaming, the baseboards clean, the socks sorted, and she dusted the family room all by herself.  

On my mother's side, I am descended from a long line of 'neat freaks,' as we affectionately call them. Like like we've got another generation, Mom.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...