Sunday, December 15, 2013

Peace On Earth

Last night's ice storm removed all obligation for us to go anywhere today.

The tree lights are on.  Thing Two is playing Christmas carols on the piano and Petunia is standing next to him and singing along.  (They are doing this purely of their own volition, which is amazing.)  Thing One is watching a show about the geology of the East Coast on the Science Channel, Himself is puttering in the office, the dog is sacked out on her bed, and I am making apple-cinnamon pancakes (involving my own home-canned applesauce) and enjoying my second cup of coffee.

All is calm, all is bright.

1 comment:

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...