Sunday, December 22, 2013

Ok, Christmas Can Come Now

I just spent two straight hours wrapping presents. But it's done, blessedly DONE.  (And who designs those crazy-shaped toy boxes that can't be easily wrapped, anyway?  The Grinch?  Or perhaps the same malicious souls who design four-inch heels??)

Gift wrapping, check.
Cards mailed, check.
Grocery shopping for Christmas dinner, check.

Those were the last three major items on my pre-holiday to-do list.  Hoping that means that I will actually be able to relax and enjoy the season for at least part of the next couple of days.

There's a lot of drama in my life right now, for various reasons.  The pre-Christmas stress isn't helping.  But today was a much better day overall: I even had time to go on a quick geocaching run this afternoon, something I haven't been able to do in a couple of weeks.  Drove out to a park that has three caches I couldn't find the first time I went and found all three (go me!) then picked up one on a haunted covered bridge on the way home for good measure.  Very cool.

The day after the solstice: the days are officially getting longer now.  And merrier and brighter, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...