Monday, November 5, 2012

Food For Thought

Found this quotation on a friend's blog today:

"I have come to the frightening conclusion that I am the decisive element. It is my personal approach that creates the climate. It is my daily mood that makes the weather. I possess tremendous power to make life miserable or joyous. I can be a tool of torture or an instrument of inspiration, I can humiliate or humor, hurt or heal. In all situations, it is my response that decides…"
~ Goethe 

Not sure if I would go quite this far, but without doubt, a good part of life is what you choose to make of it.  I will say that, as a mother, I notice that my mood significantly affects the overall mood in my house...when I am crabby about something, the entire house becomes crabby in short order.   If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy, and that is the truth.  

It does mean that Mama needs to be careful what she does and says (and how she says it) when she's not happy, though! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...