Thursday, November 1, 2012

It Is Possible To Have An Entire Conversation Without Saying A Word

One of the many advantages of knowing someone for a long time is that a series of gestures and facial expressions can sometimes completely replace an exchange of words!  Very useful in social situations.  Himself and I have gotten quite good at this form of couples' telepathy already...I'm sure that within a few years we will be finishing each other's sentences as well.

On a similar note, a while back I read a very interesting book written by a former FBI profiler about the importance of being able to accurately read body language in his line of work.  Amazing what you can figure out just by looking at people's eyes and mannerisms, even if the person you are trying to 'read' doesn't happen to be your spouse of umpty-ump years.

Thinking about this because I just came across a blog post talking about body language expressed through the eyes.  I've noticed that when people are processing information, they often look down (and often to the right as well)--this is one of the points in this post.  Food for thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...