Wednesday, November 14, 2012

If Women Are From Venus, Men Are From The Absolute Edge Of The Known Universe

Had one of those moments with Himself last night--I was yet again reminded that we will never be 100% on the same page when it comes to cleanliness, tidiness and general order!

I do the laundry.  Generally, I am the one to fold it as well.  I put away the clean clothes belonging to four of the five family members, but I do draw the line at his.  I figure that as a grown and able man, he should be able to handle putting away his own clothes!  This not being a priority of his, his clean clothes often accumulate in a stack on the floor by his side of the bed for weeks at a time--this to the absolute horror of my mother--but I figure this is not a battle worth fighting (with Himself OR my mother) so I ignore it.  The mess is on his side of the bedroom, out of my way and not in a common area--I have barely enough energy for the 'battles' that involve keeping the common areas of the house habitable as it is.

Not sure what exactly happened last night while I was at my meeting, but the cleaning bug apparently struck my husband in my absence.  In addition to the laundry folding and kitchen tidying and dishwasher emptying I mentioned in my last post, he also put away every item of clothing in his laundry pile (which was approximately the size and shape of Jabba the Hutt by that point) and even cleaned all his clothes off the side chair for good measure.  I was stunned when I went upstairs to bed--the room looked fantastic.

But then I looked closer at the area of the floor where Jabba had formerly been, and noticed a dead fly.  On white carpet, I might add.  Very visible.  Plainly visible.  Curious, I enquired whether he'd noticed it.  Of course he had, was the reply.  I can only assume that he just didn't think it was worth the effort required to pick it up and get rid of it after all the effort required to put the clothes away??

After all, what's a single dead fly compared to the mess that had been there before?  Positively Martha Stewart-like decor, I guess...  





  

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...