Friday, November 2, 2012

But Seriously, Folks...

Hurricane Sandy was utterly devastating.  I'm sure you watched it on TV in horror, just as I did.  Large chunks of the Jersey Shore are gone.  Buried in piles of rubble or simply vanished.  Most of the entire state is still out of power five days later, even the parts that are still standing.  Trees and wires down.  Roofs damaged or gone.  Flood water and sand everywhere.  And now it's getting cold out there.  The same kinds of stories are coming from NYC.  They've sent in the Marines, for crying out loud.

Fortunately, my brother's house is still standing, although the basement took on five feet of water and they can't move back in until substantial work is done.  And they were some of the lucky ones.

Please help if you can.






1 comment:

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...