Thursday, November 15, 2012

The Absolute Best Petraeus-Related Comment EVER

From Will Saletan of Slate magazine:

"I just don't understand how anyone arguing for intelligent design against evolution explains the dick."

His point being that important men with a great deal to lose cheat so often despite this fact (clearly, counter to their own best interests!) that no "intelligent designer" would saddle his menfolk with the particular piece of equipment that leads them to act this way.  I have to wonder why so many powerful men seem to think that the rules don't apply to them...and if they really do feel compelled to change their companion, why they can't do it upfront and honorably via divorce (or at least as honorably as that gets.)  Total "I-can-have-my-cake-and-eat-it-too-because-I-am-special" syndrome?

Apparently Holly Petraeus is furious.  As she should be.  I am so glad that she is not silently standing by in the public circle of shame...it positively turns my stomach when wives do that.  If my husband dragged me through 23 moves in 36 years in the advancement of his career, while constantly deploying and leaving me home to handle the family, and then had the nerve (and selfishness, and ego) to pull this stunt on me, I'd be absolutely livid.  And there would be hell to pay.  


2 comments:

  1. was gonna leave a comment which ended up being a post! so i'll just link back to you. thanks for the fodder :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it would be awesome/refreshing for a woman in that position to say what's really on her mind, in a public way. What a dick. (no pun intended)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...