Sunday, November 10, 2013

Christmas Is Coming

And I'm already stressed about it.

It used to be my favorite holiday, before I became the one responsible for making it happen: the cooking, the shopping, the baking, the wrapping, the decorating.  Etc etc etc.  I don't even want to think about getting all of that done along with all my regular stuff (plus trying to put my dining room back together.)  And since both of my sons are taking piano lessons and playing in a holiday recital the first week of December, I've been hearing Christmas music nonstop from one or the other since mid-October.  In general, I think those songs should be banned until December 1st: there are only a limited number of holiday songs, and no matter how many arrangements of each there may be, I can only hear them so many times before going batcrap crazy and threatening to move to the Middle East.

I know: bah, humbug and all that.  Bad attitude, not grateful for all my blessings, yadda yadda yadda. I just feel like it's more a season of pressure and to-do lists than a season of joy, and isn't that just sad??






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...