Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Location, Location, Location

Our house has an office, but right now it looks like a bomb hit it: the entire contents of my dining room (bar the actual furniture) are still piled and stacked in there pending decisions re: rugs and paint, and to tell the truth, it was a disaster even before the pre-construction rearrangements.  We never quite seem to get around to taking the time to clear out papers and old textbooks and other sorts of extraneous crap.  Because I don't have an "official" writing space, my blog posts are usually written on my iPad from my corner of the sofa in the family room while watching TV in the evenings, although a few have been composed on my iPhone in the hallway outside the dojo while waiting for my kids to be done with a class.  

I feel like a bit of a dilettante in this blogging crew, actually.  When I have something to say, I write about it whenever and wherever I get the chance, but not because I feel like there's a novel lurking inside me, or even a frustrated writer.  Maybe that's why I don't feel a pressing need to have a dedicated space for writing?  Or maybe it's just that I have more hobbies/obsessions going already that I really have time for, and don't want to commit to yet another serious one??

Monday, November 5: Tell us about your writing space. Where do you write your blog posts?



2 comments:

  1. My writing space . . . Well, I have this wonderful antique desk for my writing in a cozy little corner of my bedroom. I have inspirational writing posts tacked above the desk. I have a comfy chair and right next to it, a yoga ball when I'm motivated enough to write and work on my abs at the same time. It's a wonderful area filled with all my writing things, perfect for finding the right words. So where do I write? On my bed, plumped up by pillows, my laptop on my little bed/lap desk with my three giant pups sprawled out everywhere, with usually at least one of them on my legs cutting off my circulation. Good luck with NaBloPoMo. I'm doing Nanoeternallyrevisingmo. Which essentially means I am in novel revision hell. Thanks for your comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joann, it made me feel better to hear that you have a perfect writing space that you don't often use. ;) And I can't wait to see your novel! I love the way you write...it reads like you are talking to a friend over a glass of wine. Good luck with the eternal revisions!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...