Friday, November 15, 2013

Gobsmacked

It takes a whole lot of nerve to send someone with whom you have essentially no personal relationship and about whom you know little to nothing a letter requesting a donation in the "$20,000 to $40,000 range."  Helpfully couched in all-bold letters, of course, to make sure that paragraph in the letter couldn't be overlooked.

No offense, but that is a boatload of money, and the cause in question ain't how I would choose to spend it if I HAD that kind of change just lying around, which I don't.  But I had thought that the man who sent me the letter was clueless before I received it, and the letter simply removed all doubt.






1 comment:

  1. I periodically get letters from the private prep school I attended and am both sickened and amazed at the many, many millions of dollars they raise and feed into a shockingly high endowment. It cracks me up that they'd ask for $25 from me.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...