Friday, September 7, 2012

I Love Bill Cosby

One of my favorite comedians, hands down.  I was reminded yesterday of one of his best lines:

"The truth is that parents are not really interested in justice.  They just want quiet!"

Not entirely true, of course, but in cases of less than dire emergency, how much parental energy goes into getting low-level whining/bickering etc to stop??  Lots, at least here.  

Reflecting on this today as I sit in a blessedly quiet house after a morning of craziness. The Hound is my only companion at the moment, and she is sacked out on her bed in puppy dreamland.  I can actually feel my nerves unjangling and untangling--they have been so tightly wound for so long that I hardly remember how it feels to simply be still.

The phone just rang, and I am ignoring it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...