Friday, September 14, 2012

Adjusting

Mom and Dad left for the airport about 24 hours ago, so this is really the beginning of the new routine for the year--no longer do I have two extra pairs of hands around the house and an extra car for child-juggling purposes!  Had a few moments of mad panic this morning when I woke up late (still sleeping off the bug...) and had to get everyone dressed, fed and out the door in 45 minutes, but even managed it without having to wear my pjs to the bus stop, which is always appreciated by the boys.  Not to mention the older neighbor girl.

So far today have attended two consecutive meetings at the boys' school and have a third in about an hour.  So much for spending my first solo full school day of the year home in peace!  Beats yesterday, though--one of the first things I did after getting the kids off and attending my martial arts class was to get a flu shot.  My arm is not happy right now, but hopefully it will be pain-free in a day or two.  The thought of being down with the flu and still having to take care of all three rugrats is too scary to contemplate, though...it had to be done.  (And at least their pediatrician gives them the nasal vaccine, so four of the five of us are now set and only I had to get a shot.  Himself can get vaccinated or not as he chooses...my only stipulation is that he is not allowed to whine and moan in my direction if he does not get the vaccination and subsequently gets the flu.)  

Just made myself a delicious bacon and tomato sandwich for lunch and dug out the Halloween decoration box from the basement.  A few days ago I bought a new decoration that made me laugh.  It is something like this (the "In" sign can be flipped to read "Out."):



Since everyone in my life knows that I need this warning sign sometimes, I had to put it up immediately...maybe it should go on the front door year-round??  





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...