Wednesday, September 19, 2012

List-O-Mania

Productive day, but one of those where I actually don't want to look at the crossed-off items on the to-do list because there are so many and it makes me tired to think about the schedule.  And that is unusual for me, because I am a list fanatic and I often measure the success of my days by what I manage to knock off whatever list I have going that day.

But on the bright side for today, everything got done.  Errands run and presents wrapped and newspapers dropped off for the friend who runs the dog rescue and kids shuttled from point A to point Z and everywhere in between with some homework thrown in.  As a bonus, we even located the two library books that have been AWOL for a month...sometimes the universe throws you a bone.  Best of all, my dad's surgery went well.

Dinner was a hasty, last-minute affair of spaghetti, salad and bread, and we were late to the last kid event du jour afterward, but sometimes that just happens and life will fricking go on.  Fortunately, nobody called me on being late, or it would have gotten ugly.  

The sad thing is that I really did mean to take Ms. Moon's challenge today and do something for me, even something small, just to feed my heart and soul.  My tank is low and needs filling, and I am ashamed to say that, yet again, I have failed to prioritize filling it.  Maybe I just need to write that on a list so it actually gets done.  

I hereby write it on my list for tomorrow.  As the saying goes, "If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy."

1 comment:

  1. Oh honey. Don't feel bad. I didn't either but I have a PLAN for tomorrow.
    Yes I do.
    And I hope you do too.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...