Thursday, September 20, 2012

Tried To Fill The Tank Today

Was feeling a little low in the emotional reserves department last night, as I mentioned.  Went out of my way today to build back up, and was actually doing pretty well until the boys came home and completely blew my hard-won mental equilibrium with one thing and another.  Oh well.  In the immortal words of my friend Wile E. Coyote, "Back to the old drawing board."

It's a good thing that all three kids are in school full days, or I would have no down time at all.  I figured out yesterday that between them, we have 16 sessions of extracurricular activities a week, 15 of which are non-overlapping!  As scary as that sounds, it translates to two sports per kid, plus CCD for the older two, piano for Thing One and speech therapy for Thing Two.  God only knows how my friends with four and five kids manage their after-school mayhem, because I am clinging to the ceiling by my fingernails with only (ha!) three.  All my errands and cooking are now being done within school hours.

The really scary part is that, as crazy as the current routine is, it is a routine, and as such, infinitely preferable to the chaos of the summer as far as Thing Two is concerned.   He's doing great with it.  I, on the other hand, am currently sitting here stressing because we have a conflict on Saturday...two of us and three kids means that sometimes some serious juggling and help from friends is needed to get everyone where they need to be.  I'm sure it will work out, but this is so not what I feel like dealing with after a long day.

What I need right now is one of those duplicator machines of Calvin's (probably my favorite comic strip of all time.)  A clone or two of myself would be very handy.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...