Friday, January 4, 2013

Mental Health Day

Realized this morning that the only reason I needed to leave my house during school hours was to go to my taekwondo class (the boys take a school bus and a friend brought The Girl to school today.)  Since I was the stupid ass who wore a different knee brace to class yesterday after two weeks off and tweaked my knee, I decided to just stay home.  I'll give my knee another day to feel better before I have to coach basketball on it for three hours tomorrow morning, and I am in desperate need of a day off anyway.


No errands or running around (at least until the kids get home.)  Some laundry, maybe some putting-away of Christmas decorations.  But then I am going to sit down and figure out the Family Tree Maker genealogy program I got for Christmas, since I am the only one of my generation on either side who gives a crap about family history and I like it a lot.  For me, this is fun.

Putting myself first today, which doesn't often happen.  I finally remembered to start a medication that should help my perpetually clogged sinuses.  I made a doc appt for next week, so I can figure out once and for all what the hell I did to my right shoulder while I was learning how to do forward rolls and came down on it wrong the one time months ago.  Just stuff that I hadn't quite gotten around to, that I finally made a point of doing this morning.




Selfish, maybe.  But if Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.  And that's the truth.  Mama's filling her tank today.

1 comment:

  1. Fill away...I think I need to do the same (despite being on vacation for 10 days...I have no right to complain!). But all those dr. appts just have no place. Glad that you are taking care of yours!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...