Not in any particular order after #1--that one is a REALLY big deal.
1) Thing Two's increased capacity for imaginative play. He literally could not do it at all a few years ago, and recently this has improved radically. This is such a relief I cannot begin to express it.
2) The presence of Thing Two's head coach at basketball practice this morning (i.e., I did not have to run the practice, on short notice or otherwise.)
3) Thing One's improving basketball skills. He shot only two baskets in games all year last year, and three in today's game alone (the second of the season.) His newfound confidence is a joy to see. We celebrated with ice cream after the game!
4) The New Wave (alt-'80s: yes, I am dating myself) channel on Sirius Radio.
5) Fresh vegetables.
6) Homemade bread.
7) The love of my dog.
8) Watching my daughter dance along to her Wii game.
9) Coffee from my new coffeepot.
10) My husband, the logistics king, who is able to efficiently plan a weekend day such that all three kids get where they need to be when they need to be there without me having to think about it. I just go along with the plans he figures out.
Bonus) My husband, for spending his afternoon putting together umpteen-hundred piece Lego sets with the boys while I play on the computer!
Sounding a lot like a frog these days. I have a bad head cold that I initially thought was some sort of allergies but isn't. Ugh. Fin...
That expression always makes me think of either Marvin the Martian or Wile E. Coyote--two of my all-time favorite cartoon characters. T...
Too funny...had to share. #6 is my favorite! 1. Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear the...
Just took one of the evening taekwondo classes at the dojo, which I rarely do because they don't fit the family schedule very well. Was...