Saturday, January 5, 2013

Not Much Of A Warning

I was already out of sorts when I went to bed around midnight last night.  Just before I turned out the light, I got an e-mail from the head coach of Thing Two's basketball team, letting me know that he would not be able to come to practice today because his son was ill (meaning that I, as the assistant coach, would have to run the practice.)

This practice starts at 9:20.  I am also an assistant coach for The Girl's team, which practices from 8:15-9:15 in the same gym.  Since we leave the house at 8, this did not leave a lot of time for figuring out a plan for Thing Two's team practice.  And as a newer coach, I don't have much experience from which to draw, so I spent the better part of 45 minutes looking at sample practice plans on the Web starting at 3AM when I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep!    

Practice ended up going fine, but that's just not a good way to start a Saturday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...