Friday, January 25, 2013

Trying An Experiment

Me being a scientist and all, it always makes my husband nervous when I tell him that I'm trying an experiment (especially since it is usually in connection with meal preparation!) but this one should hopefully be pretty minor.

Anyone who's ever tried to leave a comment here knows that I've had the captcha word verifier enabled to weed out spam.  I hate that thing, as do many other people (I hear you, NOLA...I always end up having to type the word two or three times to get it right too.)

Anyway, assuming that I did what I intended to do, I've just removed the captcha requirement for comments here.  If I end up with a ton of spam comments, I may have to put it back on, but it's worth a shot.  If somebody could confirm that the captcha is gone for me, it would be much appreciated!

6 comments:

  1. Oh thank goodness it's not just me! Thought my mental faculties were going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And yep, it's gone!

    Do I have it on my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do, NOLA...if you want to get rid of it, go to Settings on your dashboard, then to Posts and Comments, and change Show Word Verification to No. And may neither of us be overrun with spam!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool - thanks! Didn't know I had that pesky thing on. I also changed my post time to Tegucigalpa because the only city I know of with a higher murder rate than New Orleans! Maybe something about the CST ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice. Only you would pick Tegucigalpa! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So so glad to see the Captcha gone...I'm just lazy/dumb and always get it wrong 2-3 times!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...