Saturday, August 11, 2012

Revenge is Sweet

Last night, we were overrun with sleepovering boys. Their banging slamming singing pillowfighting gaming goofing clomping racket in the basement went on into the wee small hours. Himself, who can normally sleep through pretty much anything short of a direct tornado hit, went downstairs at 4AM and read the last few loud and wakeful ones the riot act. (We don't care how late they stay up; we just object to being kept awake all night ourselves. We are old and need our sleep!)

Come morning, all downstairs were finally out cold. Himself took great joy in blasting Reveille (downloaded for the purpose onto the the laptop shortly before) from the basement stairs at high volume to rouse them all at pancake time. The faces were priceless.

I know--we aren't very nice.

But payback is sometimes a bitch. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...