Saturday, August 18, 2012

At Least My House Looks Better

Upset with one of my kids this morning.  Kid lied straight to my face.  Not about anything major or important, even...just out of laziness.  We have house rules about what has to be done in the morning before the electronic games are turned on, and those things just didn't happen today.  (I should add that this is a very short list...we aren't talking hours of chores here.)

I know it's age-appropriate and human nature and all that stuff.  I also know that the games are a lot more fun than the things on the morning to-do list.  I would probably have been OK with it if the the kid in question had 'fessed up when we asked about it.  The lie was the problem.  I want to be able to trust this kid, and right now I can't.  We'll be back to Mom having to personally see that things are done before the games come out for a while, and I hate having to micromanage.

The only good side to this is that when I get aggravated, I clean.  Always have.  It makes me feel better.  (Thank you, neat-freak Italian ancestors.)  The office, the kitchen and the dining room are much less cluttered now, and all the spiderwebs are gone.

Hopefully a lesson was learned today and the behavior will change.  

The spiders are depending on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...