Sunday, August 12, 2012

Sunday Smallness

I did something petty this morning. Part of me is ashamed. The other part is saying "Attagirl."

A while back, I was asked to volunteer for something. I wasn't exactly browbeaten into it, but it wouldn't have been something I pushed into on my own. Jumped through all the hoops to get in, have been involved with it, but it has made me frustrated more often than not recently. Today, I decided to pull the plug on it. Not entirely, but close. Close enough to remove the frustrating element, anyway.

The shame is that it is something essentially inconsequential in the grand scheme of my life. The frustrations are very small in the universe of things that bother me. I should have been able to shrug off the issue I was having with it. Not sure why I even let it I get to me in the first place. I don't like how negative I am becoming...that was never how I used to be. But at any rate, I've decided that anything that introduces unnecessary frustrations into my life, even small ones, should just go. Working on being positive and really don't need anything unnecessary pushing me the other way.

So I took my name off the list. Pathetic that I felt like I should, no question, but hopefully a step in the right direction in the big picture.

Wish me luck.

1 comment:

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...