Sunday, August 26, 2012

I Love Freecycle

Today, my awesome mother-in-law took all three kids to her house.  I have company coming later in the week, and accordingly am feeling like I have to clean everything in the house before they show up.  (Not because of anything they've ever said...this is just the Italian neat freak in me.)  I've been married to her son for a long time, and she knows me well--she offered to watch the kids today so I could clean in peace.

One of the many things I tackled was our basement playroom, which is generally a complete disaster.  I took the opportunity to clear out a bunch of toys the kids have outgrown and bag them to give away, since nobody was home to object.  I came upstairs, posted the toys on Freecycle, and within half an hour somebody came to pick them up.  No fuss, no hassle, and somebody who can use them has the toys.  As a bonus, my basement looks much less like a bomb hit it than usual, and the kids can't argue with a fait accompli.

Win-win.

2 comments:

  1. All around, Ms. Mary. Just sat down after a solid day's work. It's the good kind of tired and I have earned my evening peace!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...