Sunday, August 19, 2012

The Things I Learn From Facebook

Today I was reliably informed (by the architect wife of a civil engineer friend) that Jolly Rancher candies have exactly the same compressive strength as concrete, 4000psi.  What I did not hear was WHY a compressive strength test was performed on a Jolly Rancher.  Someone somewhere has way too much free time on their hands.

Nevertheless, the take-home to me is simple: these candies must immediately be removed from our candy bowl.  I pay enough to the dentist as it is, and do not need the children attempting to bite into the sugar-laden equivalent of concrete!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...