Friday, August 31, 2012

44 Years

Today is my parents' forty-fourth wedding anniversary.

My mother put herself through college, working days as a schoolteacher and taking classes at night.  It took her five years to finish her bachelor's degree.  My father earned his degree in four years and then did a one-year MBA program immediately afterward.  Mom's college graduation ceremony and Dad's business school graduation ceremony were scheduled for the same day, August 31st, 1968.

Both of them skipped their graduations, and they were married on that day instead.  

Nine countries, two children, a dozen pets, and a variety of adventures later, they are still happily married and going strong.  They arrived for a visit from the West Coast last night (we have them for two weeks!!) and Himself and I took them out to dinner tonight to celebrate.

Happy anniversary, Mom and Dad.  We love you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...