Saturday, August 4, 2012

Mark Twain Is My Kind Of Guy

One of my favorite quotations ever, and so so SO apt today:

"In certain trying circumstances, urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity furnishes a relief denied even to prayer." -Mark Twain

Circumstances have tried my patience massively this week in general and today in particular.  And I have little enough of that virtue to begin with, God knows.  I guess I should just be happy that the kids have not learned any new and unacceptable vocabulary words today.  Time to drink a big glass of wine and hope that tomorrow is less frustrating.   


2 comments:

  1. One year my New Year's resolution was to include the word "cocksucker" into my vocabulary as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ms. Moon: I love it! So much more practical than the more standard resolutions. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...