Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Golf Champion

My father has been a golfer (some might say an obsessed golfer) since he was about 12.  Not professional-caliber, but a darned good amateur.  He is a single-digit handicapper, with an enthusiasm for the sport that is obvious from his personal golf cart, which can be enclosed and equipped with a heater so that he can continue to play in what most other people (read, sane ones...) would consider to be inhospitably cold, windy, and/or rainy weather.  No fair-weather golfer he!
 
One could also reach the same conclusion by inspecting his closet, specifically the very large number of golf shirts therein.  A few years back, Mom instituted the rule that for every new shirt brought home, an old one had to go. 

This past weekend, he won his club's golf championship in the super senior division (ages 65+), for the second year in a row!  Wish I could have been there to cheer from the gallery. 

Way to go, Dad! 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...