Thursday, August 30, 2012

I Am So Going To Hell

Today, I was driving along, minding my own business, when a car zoomed out of a side street unexpectedly and almost sideswiped me.  I had to jerk into the other lane to avoid being hit.

Back in the bad old days before I had children, I had a killer commute to work in tons of traffic and was not always known for my patience or kindness when other drivers acted like idiots (me? No...)  During that phase of my life, I developed an unfortunate tendency to swear at those other drivers in a most colorful manner.  Not that they could hear me, but it made me feel a lot better.

Since Thing One was born, I have tried very, very hard to curb my language, and for the most part have succeeded, but sometimes the filter is just not quick enough.  At least the kids weren't in the car with me today when I called the driver who almost hit me every name in the book and then some as I was swerving all over the road.

But then I looked up at the driver of the other car and froze.  Karmically speaking, I'm pretty sure it's not a good thing to roundly and thoroughly cuss out a nun, even one who can't drive for crap.  

2 comments:

  1. You are not going to hell for that. Believe me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too had to watch my potty mouth behind the wheel once the children came along. My daughter must have been around four when she asked, "Mummy, why did you call that man Darling?". :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...