Sunday, August 19, 2012

I Hate To Cook

Not in general, but specifically for my family.  Most specifically, I hate trying to figure out WHAT to cook for my family.

Three kids.  Slowly maturing taste buds, but still a preference (given their druthers) for the same five or six meals over and over.  Grilled cheese sandwiches, hot dogs/hamburgers, chicken nuggets, etc.  Biggest mistake I ever made was letting them get away with eating 'kid food' to begin with instead of making them eat whatever Himself and I were eating.  Boy, do I regret that now.  

Add in a husband who has his own list of dietary preferences, not one of which is allergy-based, and it makes the cook very, very cranky.  

Every so often, I decide that I am only making one meal, particularly on a weekend evening, and that people can just eat it or not as they prefer.  Tonight, I made pecan-crusted haddock.  

One child ate it.  One flatly refused, and the third managed a few bites.  By the time Himself got to his own plate, it was cold.  He had the good judgment and sense to eat it anyway. 

I drank two glasses of good wine, and felt much better for it. 

Tomorrow, pizza. 




1 comment:

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...