Sunday, October 7, 2012

50 Degrees And Raining

How glad am I that our big Town Day event at the park was yesterday and not today??

One of the boys' two soccer games scheduled for this afternoon was cancelled: fortunately for me, the one I was supposed to be attending.  While Himself and Thing One slog through the muck at the field, I sit cheerfully in my warm kitchen, all snuggled up in fleece and drinking hot tea.  A loaf of bread is rising and homemade soup is on the stove, so at least my gallant warriors will return to a cozy house smelling deliciously of homemade goodness.

When the days get raw like this, all I want to do is hibernate at home.  Perhaps I can even persuade Himself to build a fire later.

Happy Sunday...


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...