Sunday, October 7, 2012

A Very Nice Surprise

Look at what showed up at my house this afternoon!


In case it is hard to tell from the picture, this is a full bushel basket of corn, tomatoes, cucumbers, and peppers.  A girlfriend of mine is married to one of the big farmers in these parts.  I did a small favor for her a few weeks back (nothing any real friend wouldn't do in a heartbeat, I should say) and she brought this over today as a thank-you.  Over-the-top generous, no doubt, and I told her that, but she is married to one of those guys who hates to feel beholden to anyone, and giving out produce from his farm makes him feel better.  

A welcome reminder of summer for me on this blustery fall day!


1 comment:

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...