Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Love This



Saw this bumper sticker today and it made me laugh.  It's one of my favorites.  And yes, I know that this is a paraphrase of Tolkien's "Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle, and quick to anger," but I like the dragon version better. 

It was particularly appropriate, too, since I spent a good chunk of my day on fire-related matters.  Not that anything has burned, thankfully--just trying to organize an inspection by the state fire marshal for an event this weekend that I had no idea required fire inspection till this morning.  Nothing like short notice to get the ol' adrenaline flowing.  Because I am insane and have nothing else going on (ha), I am the chair of the committee that puts on all the fun events for my town, and the biggest one of the year is this Saturday.  If I survive until Sunday, it will be a major achievement, and will involve much wine.

One of these years, I will actually learn to use the word 'no!'




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...