Tuesday, October 9, 2012

I'm Square And I Know It

Went to the local Halloween costume popup store earlier in the week.  I'm fortunate this year in that The Girl already has her costume (a hand-me down from a friend) and that Thing One is making a costume out of stuff he already has.  That left me just Thing Two to cover, but apparently every mother in the area thought to go costume shopping before I did, and most of the bigger-kid costumes were already sold out.  The only one I could find in his size was a Captain Jack Sparrow outfit, and he has no idea who that is.  Had to go home and order him a costume online, which is what I should have done in the first place to save myself the aggravation.

The costume store was something else, anyway.   Seems like Halloween is basically dress-like-a-skank night.  For adults, I could care less...their choice.  Could not believe the little-girl costumes, though.  Hoochie mama Minnie Mouse, anyone?  Bet Mickey would love him some of that, but not on my kid!  I'll make her a costume first.  Would rather she not look like she belongs on a street corner somewhere, and if that makes me a PITA mom, so be it.

I'll need lots of practice before she gets to high school.







No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...