Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Got A Darwin Award Candidate For You...

For anyone who may not have heard of these, they are (very tongue-in-cheek, and typically posthumous) 'honors' awarded to people who have done the human genepool a service by removing themselves from it, usually by doing something colossally stupid!  This website lists hundreds of Darwin Awards stories, if you have some time on your hands.

Came across a real contender for one of these awards myself tonight: a man on a bicycle with no helmet or reflective gear other than a few stripes on the ankles of his pants, riding on a narrow two-lane road with no streetlights or real shoulder in rush hour traffic!  In the immortal words of Bugs Bunny, "What a maroon."


 

1 comment:

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...