Wednesday, October 10, 2012

A Real Accomplishment

It occurred to me the other day that I really needed to get the pile of mulch off my driveway before it starts to snow, since it would block the snowplow's way and result in Himself not being able to get to work, which would not go over well.  (Not that it is going to snow in October, but who wants to work outside when winter actually sets in?)  Of course, the mulch has been there since sometime in May, covered with a ratty green tarp for maximum scenic effect--we used about two thirds of the massive pile we started with on that day when my husband showed me how much he loves me, but the rest has been sitting in the same place since then, quietly mocking me.

Today I took stock of the outside of our house, realized that I could not take the disaster area that it had become for one more second, and broke out the wheelbarrow. Two hours later, the pile is gone, the flowerbeds look much better, and my back is dead.  But it's worth it...the yard no longer looks like the Beverly Hillbillies live here.

Watch it not snow till January now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...