Saturday, October 20, 2012

College Football Is Trying To Kill Me

I don't watch much televised sports.  Where I do have strong opinions about sports teams, they are usually negative--I will cheer for whomever is playing the (NY) Giants, the Yankees, the Miami Hurricanes, or USC, for example.  I can't begin to express how happy I was about the blaze of ignominy in which the Yanks went down last week...I worked in NY for a long time and Yankees fans are profoundly obnoxious.  The fact that I can't name a single player on Detroit's roster did not stop me from wishing them every possible success in the playoffs!

The only games I do watch religiously (pun intended) are Notre Dame's--the entire Irish side of my family has cheered them on in solidarity for at least three generations and I have no intention of being the one to drop the ball on that (unintentional pun.)  This despite the fact that the games have often driven me completely nuts over the years.  Today's nearly gave me a heart attack.  I was seeing visions of BC in '93 all over again for a while there, and it was not pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...