Saturday, October 13, 2012

All Hail Himself...

My savior: restorer of the internet connection (without which I am legendarily cranky.)  Apparently the problem was a cable inside the house as opposed to the actual internet service, which I would most likely not have figured out without great effort.  When we agreed on the division of labor very early on in the relationship, he got everything involving electronics for good reason.  (He also has two Engineering degrees, which helps.)

Have been cooking all day and the house smells amazing: herbed pot roast simmering in red wine in the crockpot, mashed potatoes, green beans with bacon, fresh bread.  My friend is bringing dessert. Unfortunately, I ended up doing all my usual pre-visitor cleaning as well...I think I need professional help.  I just don't like having people over when things aren't tidy, which is pathetic but it is what it is.  I guess if nothing else, having people over periodically makes me deal with our disaster areas (primarily flat surfaces in the kitchen and family room!) before they get completely out of control.  


Although it would make me feel a lot better if things actually stayed clean afterward for more than ten minutes, I think that's a hopeless cause.  Even St. Jude wouldn't be up to that task.  

Anyway, looking forward to a fun afternoon and evening with our friends and hopefully a good dinner!  My reward for the morning's toil.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...