Wednesday, October 24, 2012

One Badass Mama

My sparring gear arrived today!

Head protector (essentially a helmet, but made of heavy foam rubber), foot protectors, hand gear (somewhat like boxing gloves, but open at the palms), and shinguards, all in black.  And, of course, a mouth guard--but that's pink.  Because I can still be girly while kicking somebody's butt.  ;)

Green belts and above are required to have this gear.   I've only sparred in (borrowed) gear once before--the rest of this week's classes will be interesting, but at least I am now equipped.  Movin' on up, and looking dangerous while I do it...

1 comment:

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...