Sunday, October 21, 2012

The Magically Disappearing Sunday

Can't figure out where it went.  Took the kids to Mass and then out for the customary good-behavior doughnuts while Himself was running, then the entire afternoon disappeared into the fog of two consecutive away soccer games separated by a few minutes of mad chaos.  At least Thing One's team won this time, and he had an assist. We got home late, then the mad scramble of dinner-bath-bed began and only crumbs of the day were left by the next time I looked at a clock.

But it was a good day--besides the successful race and the soccer win (one out of two games ain't bad) I found a delicious new recipe for spiced pork tenderloin with sautéed apples and served it for dinner with mashed potatoes.  And all three kids ate it cheerfully, which is saying something.

The dishwasher and washing machine are humming, the house is now quiet, and I am sitting peacefully.  A restful end to a busy day, even if a lot of it went by when I wasn't looking.  I need another Sunday to recover from my Sunday before the week starts...this was not even close to a day of rest!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...